Monday 9 January 2012

MAC Haul and Review

Hello Lovelies,

In my recent post on what I bought in the boxing day sales, I gave you a sneak peak at what I bought from MAC. I was so excited to finally pick some things up. The makeup artist was absolutely lovely, she chose some beautiful colours that really work well with my skin tone too.

Here's what I bought...



Paint Pot in Groundwork
This is the loveliest bronzy/brown shade. It gives a lovely wearable wash of colour to the eyes, or works as an amazing base for a neutral eye.

Lipstick in Plumful
Hands down this is my favourite lipstick EVER. Not that I own an enormous amount, but this is simply beautiful. It has an amazing formulation (its a lustre), feels good on the lips and really complements my skin tone. It is a gorgeous plummy red shade that is just dark enough to have an effect, but not too dramatic either. It can be dabbed on the lips for everyday wear, or worn opaque for a night out. Bloody love it!

Eyeshadow in Coppering
I bought this as a slightly more dramatic edition to my neutral palette, it is a gorgeous red/copper shade that is surprisingly very wearable.

Blush in Blushbaby
This was one of those 'I shouldn't buy anymore so ill leave it, but then you go back to the store later and pick it up' purchases :) Dreadful as that is, I do not regret it at all. I don't think I own a blush like this. Quite simply, it is soft, matte, contouring loveliness.

Writing this post, I realise just how much I bought :P. I must say though, I am very pleased with all the products and have already used them multiple times in the last week.

Have you bought any new makeup items recently?
Much Love
Lou
xxx

23 comments:

  1. I haven't done a proper make up haul in ages! I think I might have to when I get paid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still deciding on which paint pot to get but I hadn't come across Groundwork yet. It's a definite contender now. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the colour of that lipstick, I'm so tempted to try it!

    XX

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought plumful for my mum for xmas and now im jealous of her lol. the blush looks gorgeous too! wish i could afford make up atm but im saving for a good camera for blogging/make up work! what camera do you use? love the quality!

    found your blog on twitter and showed my sister who studied biological sciences and now works in a hospital lab and she was very excited to see this blog hehe

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love a good MAC haul gives you that girly feeling inside..great buys! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that lipstick is beautiful! might have to pick one up :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colors look so great. I'm in love with your lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that lipstick! I'm going to do a clear out before I can have my next makeup spree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a MAC haul! You got some pretty things!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have plumful! It's such a lovely sheer lipstick, definitely a make up bag essential :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ur blog <3 plz check mine out and add if u like it :) follow me ill follow you
    kissandblushmakeuptm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I love MAC products so much! I need to go to the store asap! Btw I found your blog and I love it. Now a follower! Check mine out too :)

    www.theglossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh that blush looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love mac ! great purchases!
    www.independentlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love paperchase and mac too! haha and your blog :) I am now following you!

    Btw ive got a giveaway kind of thing on at the moment if you would like to have a look at it? :)

    Amelia xx

    http://wearableartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to visit my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog, you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Oh, there's a translator at the end of my blog, welcome and enjoy!

    Kisses from Brazil

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm yet to try a paintpot! they look so good! :) And wow.. that lippie is amazing, not surprised it's your favourite! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post, hauls are my favourite things to read!
    Please check out my blog and follow if you like :)
    prettylittlelives.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for all the lovely comments!
    I love hearing back from you all:)

    It is a damn good lipstick! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete